Saturday, February 20, 2010

Last Night I Made...

...Chicken Noodle Soup, in 40 minutes! It was amazing too! So the reason I made chicken noodle soup was because my mom has a really bad sinus infection and she just wasn't feeling very good. Well I thought about it and what better to make you feel better than chicken noodle soup. So I did my homework and found a quick but simple recipe for it. And I do have to say it was quite delicious. I got the recipe from TasteofHome, I love that magazine, so much that I should consider getting a subscription rather than buying the new one when I see it. Here is a picture of what the soup looks like:



I have to say it was so good I recommend this recipe to everyone! Here it is

30-minute chicken noodle soup
4 cups water
1 can(14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (I seasoned mine with salt and pepper)
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3/4 cup sliced celery
3/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
1 small onion, chopped
1-1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 cups uncooked egg noodles

In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in noodles; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until noodles and vegetables are tender.

This recipe is great for when you are sick, know someone who is sick, or its just a cold day out! We just had it alone last night, but you could pair it with a grilled cheese, or some type of sandwich it would go greatly! I hope you enjoy this recipe!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment