Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Reads!

Hello Everyone! I have a brand new weekly post for you guys! It's called Saturday Reads! Every week I will showcase something out of a book that I've been reading and tell you about it.

So without further ado, here is the very first Saturday Reads, featuring Paper Transformed by Julia Andrus. From her book, I chose to do the frosted embossing. I have to tell you, this being my first time ever using Perfect Pearls, it was a challenge. They aren't as easy as one might think. However, after many failed attempts, here is what I came up with:


 MATERIALS:
-card stock
-Perfect Medium (I used VersaInk)
-embossing powder (I used Ultra Thick, the fine stuff doesn't work as well)
-Perfect Pearls (I used Forever Violet)
-stamp (mine is by Great Impressions)
-heat gun

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Use the Perfect Medium to stamp an image.
2. Apply embossing powder, shake off the excess, and heat until glossy.
3. Immediately dust with Perfect Pearls to give the image a frosted look.
 This technique is really cool, and I can't wait to do it again, and make a card or something out of it.

Now all of you should give it a try! Let me know how it comes out and post up back here at SkyleRae's! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment