Thursday, January 19, 2012

Course 3: Classes 2 and 3

Well I am a little behind on my posts for the Wilton cake decorating class. I missed last week’s class due to travel for work, but my mom caught me up on Saturday after I got back! 
On Saturday we made calla lilies and roses out of fondant! That was really fun and so easy! That’s what I’m learning with this class, things are really easy to make but they take a lot of time to actually make and then they have to dry which takes days. It’s surprising how long it actually takes for the flowers to completely dry. 

Here is a picture of the lilies and roses: 



On Tuesday we made carnations, mums and daisies. These were really fun as well. The carnation is the most time consuming out of the 3 and I would say it is not my favorite, but they still look good. The mums and daisies are pretty simple. The mums are definitely not the prettiest flower but they are different so they work. They are a flower that you would want to have a specific use for them.  

Here is a picture of my mum: 



I didn’t get a chance to take a picture of the other flowers yet. I’ll try to remember to post them next week when we decorate a cake. We are covering the cake with fondant and then decorating, this could be really interesting. 

 After this class we will take the final course Advanced Gum Paste Flowers. I’m actually really excited for the next class. We make some really cool flowers, but it takes a lot of supplies to make as well. So that could be interesting. We shall see how it all goes.

How is the weather where you are? We have gotten a TON of snow since Sunday and it just keeps coming. I probably brushed a good 3-4 inches off my car this morning. I’m grateful for buying a new car now, there is no way I would’ve been able to get around in my Mustang in this weather with this amount of snow. The unfortunate thing is the main roads get plowed, but the residential areas rarely get plowed. So trying to get out of the neighborhood was interesting, but my car did great! So that was quite the relief. We are supposed to get another 1-3 inches today, 3-5 inches tonight and then another inch tomorrow. We’re looking a lot like winter in Montana now and that is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment