Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Course 3 Class 1: Fondant Bow

Last night we had Wilton Cake Decorating class at Michael’s and it was pretty fun. We played with fondant and made a bow. The bow looks a lot more complicated than it really is, I mean we are talking super simple. You make all the loops and allow them to start drying and then you assemble. It is seriously that easy! However, taking the time to color the fondant, roll it out, cut it into strips and assembling the loops takes quite awhile. Not to mention how long it takes that stuff to dry! 
Here is a picture of my finished bow last night: 



As you can tell there is something in the centers of my loops. That would be paper towels to help the loops hold their shape while it dries. I will pull the paper towels out this afternoon after work, and then the bow will continue to dry and be ready to place on the top of a cake.  

I will miss class next week due to travel for work, however, I will go out to my parents house and have mom teach me how to make the gum paste flowers that they will be learning while I’m away.  

On another note I have to tell you about my latest addiction. Pintrest. I’m totally obsessed. I can spend hours and hours on that website. It is so inspiring, motivating, and a total time suck, but I love it. I’m finding tons of recipes, craft/DIY ideas, workout inspiration, EVERYTHING! It’s amazing. If you haven’t already checked it out and become addicted you definitely should! It’s awesome. If you do join, follow my pins, at skylerae of course!  

How are your New Year’s Resolutions coming? Did you make any? I made a few, mainly wanting to save money for a down payment on a house and paying off my car debt. I did a few health/fitness ones as well such as working out 3x a week and only eating out once a week. Let’s see how well I do this year! Let’s make 2012 awesome! 

Hope everyone is having a great first week of 2012! 

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment