Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dinner!

Yesterday I was dying to use my new Rachael Ray casserole dishes that I got from my parents for Christmas, but coming up with something to make was another story. I knew I needed to make a casserole of some sort but with so many options how will I ever choose? I finally landed on shepherd’s pie a recipe I practically know by heart because I love it so much. I was so excited to use those dishes that I went to the mall yesterday and also got one of RR’s oval skillets and a 3pc knife set because they were on sale! I have to tell you it was awesome!
Here is a picture of my new pan and knives: 


But onto this recipe for shepherd’s pie that is so very easy! 

Ingredients:
2 cups mashed potatoes (I used the ones that are already cut in the freezer section by Ore Rida)
1 clove garlic, minced
1lb hamburger
½ small onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
Shredded cheese (I used cheddar) 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Cook your mashed potatoes, whichever method you chose, I threw mine in the microwave for 10 minutes, then combined with butter, sour cream and garlic.
Put a small amount of oil/cooking spray in the pan, add onion, cook until translucent
Add hamburger and cook until brown
Add vegetables and soup to the pan and combine
Pour the meat/vegetable mixture into a greased casserole dish
Place mashed potatoes on top and spread out over the entire dish
Place cheese on top of the potatoes, across the entire dish
Place casserole in the oven for 20 minutes or until heated through

ENJOY!

This recipe is so easy and yet it is so good. I have tons of leftovers since it is just me, but it is even better the next day, I think. So it is perfect for lunches the next day. I’m always looking for meals that I can prepare for supper the night before and then take with me the next day for lunch. It makes cooking for one that much more worth it.  

Have you guys tried any great recipes lately? Let me know! I’m always looking for something new to try! 

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment