Thursday, December 8, 2011

Course 2 Class 1

Tuesday night cake decorating class started up again!  It was super fun!  We made button flowers and pansies.  I have to say the flower thing is a lot harder than it looks!  We did get to play with fondant and gum paste though so that was kind of fun, if I do say so myself.  Surprisingly enough fondant tastes good by itself, it is really sweet but the texture is kind of weird, which is why most people do not like it, especially between the cake and the butter cream!

Here is a picture of the flowers I made.



I used neon fondant in pink and orange.  I definitely thought they would look better than they do together.  Oh well, at least I gave it a shot right?  The pink and purple flowers are my moms.  Hers look awesome!  Next week we are doing roses out of royal icing!  This should be interesting.  My last attempt at roses was really discouraging, but it just takes practice.  I cannot wait until we do the lily though.  That is going to be super exciting I do believe!

In other news, I have started Breaking Dawn, the final book in the Twilight Saga.  I have to say that the books are so well written that it makes it hard to want to be finished with the series, but then I get to watch the movies, as soon as my DVD player gets repaired.  I had a little string of things, mainly electronics that were breaking last weekend, my DVD player being one of those things.  Luckily, I found a local repair shop that might be able to get the job done so I do not have to ship it off to the manufacturer.  Hopefully it ends up being cheaper as well!  We shall see.

Other than that it has been pretty quiet around the home front.  Everyone in the house is preparing for the Christmas holiday; we have a whole present room between the 3 of us.  It’s pretty sweet actually!  I need to get on my wrapping.  I love wrapping presents, it is just so awesome, the bad part is when I run out of things to wrap I want to go shopping for more presents and that is not always so easy on the budget!

How are you guys preparing for the holiday?  Are you done shopping?  Have not even started yet?  Anyone doing any holiday baking?  I would love to hear!

XOXO,



No comments:

Post a Comment