Tuesday, December 27, 2011

As 2011 Comes to a Close…

…I hope you all had a great Christmas holiday however you celebrate! I know I had a great Christmas surrounded by friends and family. We had a little family gathering on Christmas Eve with a turkey, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. Then Christmas Day we had biscuits and gravy for breakfast then opened presents and went out to my cousin’s house for a prime rib dinner. It was a lovely day. We also watched the Grinch after everyone was stuffed full! It was a great way to spend the day.  
My mom and I made some awesome treats to take to Christmas Day dinner: 

Melty Snowman Sugar Cookies: 



And a close up: 



Strawberry Santa Hats: 


And a close up:



Let me tell you these were so fun to make AND so easy! I mean seriously it doesn’t really get much easier than this. For the cookies we just made sugar cookies, frosted them with icing then you melt the marshmallows in the microwave slightly, and then draw on the faces and the bodies. So easy. The Santa hats are even simpler. You make a pan of your favorite brownies, cut out with a small round cookie cutter, put some icing around the edges of the brownie cut outs, and put a strawberry (hulled and cut flat) on top, with a dollop of icing on top of the strawberry and VOILA! You have Santa hats. Those Santa hats went like crazy at the dinner. They were the first thing gone! Woo hoo!  

How were your Christmas celebrations?  

Now is the time of year everyone starts to think about their New Year’s Resolutions and I am definitely one of those people. This year I want to try to make more realistic goals and post them around so I am constantly reminded of what I want to have accomplished by December 2012! We will see. 

What are you resolutions for 2012? 

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment