Monday, December 12, 2011

Let the Baking Begin!

This weekend was kind of busy and rather uneventful all at the same time!  Friday night I did not do much.  Just hung out at home and read Twilight and chatted with the roomies!  Then Saturday I decorated the basement.  I thought it would be a fun thing to do since that is where I spend most of my time.  So that ended up really good.  Then mom and I went Christmas shopping.  I did buy something for myself from Cost Plus World Market, stackable coffee mugs:


 I got these mugs because they were on sale for one and two they are so cute!  I just love the design on the sides and when I get my own place they will match the theme that I am going for in my kitchen.  So that should be even better!  I cannot wait to start using them!

We also went to the mall, a local pet store called Lovable Pets, Hastings, and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  It was a crazy day of shopping.  I got home and finished the Twilight series and then was chatting with Roommate #1 and we decided to go to WalMart at 10pm.  Yep, we were a little insane! But I got a little present for the Bestie when I was shopping for the Brother.  It was kind of funny! 

Then there was yesterday, and the baking marathon!  My mom and I made sugar cookies, Nieman Marcus cookies, peppermint bark, peanut clusters, cookie dough truffles, turtles, chocolate dipped pretzels and pumpkin rolls.  Needless to say it was quite the exhausting day yesterday! Here are the sweets of our labor:



We had 2 mixers going pretty much all day long yesterday.  It was rather insane if I do say so myself.  But I have to say, giving them out is probably the best feeling ever!  I love the Christmas season and giving and giving some more!  I just think it is so awesome to be able to give to others, probably another reason people get entirely too spoiled around this time of year!  I just cannot help myself! 

I mentioned earlier that I finished the Twilight series!  I have to say that Stephanie Meyer is an absolutely awesome writer!  The series is absolutely crazy but it had my attention for 3 weeks!  I have to say it was great and I would suggest it to anyone!  It is not what you think with the whole vampire and werewolf craziness, it is so much more than that!  I strongly suggest you read it!

What did you guys do over the weekend?  Did you do any holiday baking?  How is your holiday shopping coming?  Are you almost done?


XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment