Thursday, December 22, 2011

Can You Believe...

…Christmas is only 2 days and a wake up away! It’s hard to believe that 2011 is so swiftly coming to a close. It seems like we were just saying good bye to 2010, and here we are now about to say goodbye to 2011.

I am overly excited about Christmas this year. Since losing my grandpa on Christmas Eve in 2008 I haven’t really gotten into the Christmas spirit. This year however, without school deadlines breathing down my neck along with other commitments and I think I have finally personally dealt with my grandpa’s death, I am so excited to celebrate this year! I’m glad that I’m back to my old self and excited about the holidays. I love spending time with family, being in the spirit of giving, seeing everyone’s faces when they open the gift you have carefully thought out for them, and who cannot love the food! There is nothing like holiday cooking!

Usually we go to cousin #1’s house on Christmas Eve for seafood night, however, this year my dad has to work and doesn’t get home until about 7:30p, therefore we won’t be going to seafood night. Instead, mom and I are going to cook a small turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and some green beans. This way my dad doesn’t have to miss out on Christmas Eve dinner. Then we will probably go drive around and look at Christmas lights! Then Christmas Day is the big day! We open stockings in the morning and then presents along with having cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then we will head out to cousin #2’s house for prime rib dinner! It’s quite the tradition we have going for our family!

Oh I forgot to mention that either Friday or Saturday my mom and I are going to go see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie. I read the entire Stieg Larsson series last summer and LOVED it. I’m interested to see the American adaptation of the books. I’m always interested to see how directors/writers adapt the books to movies. Nine times out of ten the books are better than the movie, but it is still fun to go and to compare and contrast. The other movie series I will be watching this weekend is Twilight through Eclipse. I recently finished reading the entire series and now it’s time to watch the movies! Here we go!

What traditions do you have with your families? What do you think about it being so close to 2012 already?

No comments:

Post a Comment