Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend I finished all of my Christmas shopping!  I know I should have been done weeks ago, but I officially finished this weekend with the little stuff for the socks and what not.  It was quite triumphant AND I only have 1 more gift to wrap!  That is even more exciting! I cannot remember the last time I was done shopping an entire week before Christmas!  Usually I am still picking up things on the 23rd!  I am not usually so on it like this year! 

I have learned though that when you start early it makes it so you are able to get the things that you would like for people because it is not coming out of one paycheck!  Therefore, you can get those presents that you really want to get people.  I wish I could say that I was one of those people that shops all year long for people but I am not.  But I did start Christmas shopping in October which really helped out tremendously!  It also helped me to get into the Christmas spirit of giving to others!  Next year my goal will be to do the same but to give to more charities such as Toys for Tots by the Marine Corps and those caring trees by the Salvation Army.  I think that would be another thing to add to my list of things to do in 2012.

Another source of my Christmas Spirit has to be our present room! Here is a picture of the room:



It is a little insane, but we have three girls living in our house and we all have decent sized families and we all started shopping early so that may have added to the insanity! It is so awesome though that we have so much for friends and family alike.  Mind you I took these pictures yesterday and we have taken several presents out of there, just myself I’ve taken 13 out, and the roommates have taken even more than that!

We are having a roommate Christmas on Tuesday so that should be super exciting! I cannot wait until Christmas! I just love watching people open presents and seeing joy on their faces when they see the thought that you have put into picking out a perfect gift for them! I do have to say I have a few funny gifts that are more jokes than gifts, but it is still fun all the same. I cannot wait until Sunday! I just find it hard to believe that 2011 is coming to a close. I feel like it should still be July or something. Where has the time gone?

Are you guys finished shopping or are you waiting to start until Christmas Eve? What are you guys doing for the Christmas holiday? Are you going anywhere exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment