Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Recap

This last weekend I participated in the craft fair at the Festival of Trees in Billings, Montana.  It went ok.  Not the best show ever, but who am I to say I have only done 2 shows in my entire crafting career, so I am chalking it up to inexperience and just getting to know the venues a little better.  Trying to keep it positive, I will try to do the show again next year and see if it is any better.

Here is what my table looked like. It needs some improvement.


My goal for the next craft fair season is to have more inventory and another line, something flashier and eye catching to bring the customers into my booth.  I would also like to get some card shelving, like you see in the stores, but a smaller tabletop version to start out with.  We shall see what I can find.  Right now those are my ideas for improvement, do you have any suggestions for my table?  I would really appreciate any input from you!

So the craft fair was Saturday, so Friday I spent the evening setting up and making sure I had everything ready to go for the day.  Then Sunday I went Christmas Shopping!  It was really fun.  I spent 4 hours of my day shopping and I got SOOOO much done!  It really should have been IMPOSSIBLE to go to that many stores in 4 hours, but the good news is I made a HUGE dent in my shopping list, so that makes me feel a lot better!

Tomorrow we resume our cake decorating class!  That is super exciting!  I cannot wait for that to start again!  Christmas is coming up so fast I can hardly believe that is December 2011 already, it feels like it should just be getting to the 4th of July or something!  Here at SkyleRae’s we have big plans for 2012, so stay tuned!

How were your weekends? Any craft fairs or anything exciting? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

XOXO,



No comments:

Post a Comment