Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Reads!

So I'm running a little behind with this post! Ooops! I guess this day just kind of got a way from me! But that's alright once in awhile I suppose.
Well on to todays post, about what I keep calling "Plastic Wrap Paper" however, Julie Andrus, the author of Paper Transformed, calls it Watercolor Plastic Wrap Treatment. I have to tell you that I am LOVING this book, it has so many great ideas, and they are pretty simple as well, which is always a plus! So technique is pretty simple. Here it goes:

MATERIALS:
-watercolor paper
-watercolor paint
-art board or sturdy chipboard (I just used my scrapbooking mat)
-artist tape (I used masking tape, painters tape would work too)
-plastic wrap (I used the stuff straight out of the kitchen)
-round watercolor brush (#10 or #12) (use whatever you have on hand!)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Paint your paper with watercolors however you please!

 
2. While the paint is wet, lay the board flat, wrinkle the plastic wrap, and press into the watercolor.

3. Allow the paper to dray completely before removing the plastic wrap to reveal the design. (This is the hardest step!)

Tune in tomorrow to see what I made with this lovely paper! I cant wait to show you! I hope you are enjoying the Saturday Reads! Show me what you've create!

No comments:

Post a Comment