Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Favs Presents...

...MONSTER COOKIES!!!

So before I show you and tell you how I made them, I have to tell you the story behind them, well making them this time anyway. At work one day we were talking about what our favorite cookies were (mind you we are all chomping down on amazing ranger cookies at the time!). And one of my coworkers said that she thought that these ranger cookies were her new favorite. To me, I was thinking these are pretty good, but they don't trump the monster cookie. So I mentioned that to my coworker, and to my surprise...SHE HAS NEVER HEARD OF A MONSTER COOKIE!!!! I quickly forgave her because she isn't from these Montana parts. So I took it upon myself to make her some monster cookies before she travels on her long journey back home.

So here is how to make these little lovelies!

INGREDIENTS:
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon corn syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup butter (which convienently is one stick)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces (some may call these m&ms)


This is what my counter looked like with all the ingredients:

















DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. In a very large bowl, beat the eggs (they aren't kidding here folks, you need a HUGE bowl!)
3. Add the remaining ingredients in order, mixing well (it gets tough towards the end)



















4. Use an ice cream scoop to put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
5. CHOW DOWN!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and my coworker LOVED them. Which was a great self-esteem boost! Plus they are absolutely delicious! Oh and after looking at that ingredients list you are probably wondering how many it makes, not why they are called monster cookies. This recipe is supposed to yeild 72, I made mine a little bigger and got 36. It's totally up to you and how big you want to make yours!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. "A little bigger"?! Skyler.. making half the normal amount of cookies means you made them A LOT bigger lol. They look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete