Monday, August 2, 2010

Start Your Week Off Right!

(This is my own picture, please ask before you take it!)

This week I wanted to address the problem of soda/pop/cola, whatever you call it, most of America drinks at least one of them a day. And for what? I don't know about you, but pop does not agree with me. It makes my stomach and my whole digestive track upset, not to mention the bloating and how gross I feel after I have one. Plus, it doesn't do me any good to drink one anyway.

According to an article I found on Helium, "many soft drinks contain caffiene, we all know that but did you know that too much can lead to calcium loss. Which causes a whole load of other issues. Also, regular soda is LOADED with sugar, which has no nutritional value. The sugar in soda usually comes in the form of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), which is suspected to have a whole myriad of other problems associated with it. And don't think if you drink the diet stuff you are doing yourself any favors. It contains artificial sweetners, which may increase your cravings for real sweets and junk foods."

To me this was a very informative article! I hope you all follow the link to the whole article and read it and learn from it as well. I don't drink pop that often, but when I do, I know I regret it! So from now on I'm going to try to completely quit drinking it. Try substituting things like juice, tea, and coffee for your pop cravings!

Hope this is helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment