Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cake Decorating Class #2

We made a rainbow cake!  It was super fun!  I used Betty Crocker’s Rainbow Chip cake mix for the base and filled it with a cream cheese filling from a local cake store here in Billings.  At class we learned how to ice a cake, including smoothing out the icing, how to transfer a pattern, and how to make a border.  It was so much fun!  This class rocks!   
Here is a picture of my rainbow cake:


Tonight we are having an extra class this week, so we do not have to push our classes into December, because the last week our instructor is going to be celebrating her 30th wedding anniversary in Hawaii!  How impressive is that?! 30 years of marriage and still going strong!  That is awesome!  So tonight we are going to be decorating cupcakes and learning some simple flowers!  I am so excited to learn the flowers and how to fill the cupcakes!  HOORAY!  My cupcakes were made out of the same cake mix that I used for my rainbow cake.  Luckily I had made the extra into cupcakes!  I am really excited for tonight!  It should be tons of fun!  I will try to remember to bring my real camera to class tonight that way I have more than cell phone pictures to share with you and can get a little more detailed in what we are doing! 

I strongly suggest if you have a Michael’s craft store close to you, check in and see if they have Wilton Cake Decorating classes available to you!  It is so worth it to be able to learn all these cool skills that you can use any time you need to bake a cake!  Who knows it could be that hobby you have just been looking for.  

I hope you guys love hearing about my cake decorating experiences!  I also hope that I am inspiring you to try something new!  You never know you may just find something you LOVE!  Are you guys trying anything new?  Let me know! 

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment