Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cake Decorating Preparation

I have my second Wilton cake decorating class tonight so last night I had to get everything prepared for class tonight.  This includes making an 8 inch round cake and using the remaining cake batter to make cupcakes.  Then you have to make the decorator’s icing.  Let me tell you this icing is NOT the least bit healthy, it is almost purely vegetable shortening (Crisco) and powdered sugar, there are a few other ingredients but that is the majority of it.  However, it tastes good surprisingly enough. 
We are making a rainbow cake tonight so we had to color our frosting as well.  We had to make light blue for the sky and then 4 other colors for the rainbow itself.  I will have to post a picture of the finished cake but here is a picture of my colors: 



I love this class!  I am learning so much and it is one of those skills that I will use for the rest of my life I imagine.  My kids will have the best homemade decorated cakes ever!  HAHA!

Now I need to get creating for the next craft fair on December 3rd.  The last craft fair I sold so much inventory that I really need to get busy making more for the next one.

I hope everyone is doing well, have you guys started any new adventures?  I would love to hear about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment